1. Bring the water, butter and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour.
3. Return the pan to medium high heat and stir until batter pulls away from the side of the pan. Scrape into the bowl of a standing mixer. Turn the mixer on and allow the paddle to cool the dough slightly for about a minute.
4. On low speed, add the eggs one by one. After each egg is added increase the speed to medium and beat until the egg is incorporated. The eggs may also be beaten in by hand. Beat well after all eggs have been added.
5. Add the grated cheese and herbs. Beat until well incorporated.
6. On a parchment-lined sheet pan, using a pastry bag, pipe the batter into half dollar sized rounds. The batter may also be scooped into mounds with a tablespoon. Freeze.
7. To bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Egg wash the puffs straight from the freezer. Bake for 10 minutes and then rotate the pan. Bake for another 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake until puffed and golden, 5 -10 minutes. Serve warm.